Dear Friends in Christ:
With joy and thanksgiving we will once again worship together in our sanctuary on the weekend of June 20/21.
Your Church Council and a special task force of fellow members worked hard to prepare for this after three months of closure due to the coronavirus and the protocols and restrictions issued by the state government.
We are grateful that so many of you participated in “online worship” as our pastors provided sermons, prayers and encouragement through the videos that were produced each week. This online ministry will continue even after we start worshipping in public. It has been a blessing to many people, both within and outside our congregation.
After prayerful deliberation, study and research, the Church Council and task force including information by the CDC guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/faith-based.html) make the following recommendations for public worship at Faith for the time being:
• Use hand sanitation stations when entering and exiting the building
• Please wear a mask (as per the Public Health order & CDC guidelines)
• Avoid shaking hands
• Social distancing should be practiced at all times
• Please leave immediately after worship so that necessary cleaning can take place between services
• If you are feeling sick or have a fever, then please worship online from home
• The elderly and those with underlying medical conditions are encouraged to follow CDC recommendations for personal health
As things change, these recommendations and protocols will change as well. For the short term, we lovingly and respectfully ask that all church members adhere to these guidelines for the sake of our community of faith.
God bless you as we move forward in faith, hope and love.
Yours in Christ,
Faith Lutheran Church Council